Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compound Materials

Hi all,

It seems compound materials are slower much in this version 1.4605.
    I am refering to Compound, Blend, Shellac etc. Have any of you noticed the same or is just me? I am using Viz 4 on P4, 2.22 Ghz, 1G Ram and definitely slower than 1.09

Mario

Are you sure it's the material and not some other setting in the scene?
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Check Long John's latest quest with a blend material in the General section
      so it seems compound materials do not break themselves properly in this version. I am sure it will be fixed for the next build given the fact that it was not an issue with earlier version.

Materials definitely needs reviewing.

Mario1

Comment

I can confirm too that shellac is veeeery slow on 1.46.05 or it chrashes max.... it worked fine in 1.45.07..... That is only for lightmaps... QMC seems to be OK.
        As soon as you shange material to anything but shellac - it works fine.

Can we confirm this is a bug?

Comment

I've been having trouble with Blurs Multiblender material in the 1.46.05 release. Especially when blending 2 tranclucent SSS materials - its very slow, and the interpolation doesn't work. It doesn't even attempt an interpolation pass, leading me to believe vray is 'blind' to some aspect of the submaterials in the multiblender plugin.

Comment

i've been having problems with blend materials an displacement, i use it for grass on one of my scenes but it takes forever, without displacement the time was 3 hours 5000 x 2667, with displacement went to 33 hours, its a p4 3.2ghz ht, 1gb of ram, 120hd sata. irmap -4, -2.

Comment

I got Mario's specs and that happens to be my problem with 1.4605. With
              Viz 4 there are only two choices: 1.093 or 1.4605. That is just too bad.

Ismael

Comment

Working...
              X