No announcement yet.

Machine doenst take Complete 1 Gb ram while rendering HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes if vray takes more ram (because of the system rollout settings) it should render faster. Don't overdo it or vray will crash indeed.

The 3GB switch also helps if you only have 1Gb ram. I tried it once when a scene always crashed and suddenly it worked
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Natty I'm afraid is full of hot air today
      lolololol .......... nice ...
      While rendering the Machine takes only 412 or 608 power of the ram and never goes to about 1 gb or any where near to it.

PLEASE do let me know how can you optimize it so that while rendering it takes the complete RAM.
      if i read that right he is saying that he wants vray to use all his ram ....regardless of how much he has ... Now before he bought his 1gig stick he probably had 512 .... which vray, max and windows took it all ... now it isnt being all used he is worried this is wrong .... am i right ??
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

He's just wondering why that while rendering, vray doesn't take more ram to speed up the rendering even more.
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

The settings are in the roll out window system of the rendering diaglog box. Like Natty said you dont want it to take too much or you will crash. But if you want it to speed up a little more you can change those settings. dont do it to much or it will slow down or crash.

Comment

But this is why we have defaults... in most cases it works the best
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

It's great if the defaults work well for your scene, but in most scenes you will see a marked improvement in render time by making a few tweaks. All in all though I think it comes down to ones personality, If you just want it to work the defaults are fine if you are the type that wants to get every bit of performance (like using most of your ram) then there is performance to be had.
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

woah man thanks sooo much.

One Of the best people for Technical in Chaos all are here.

Great. Thanks so much.

That was real information and help. thanks all.
                Thanks,

Regards.
                Inxa.

Comment

Working...
                X