Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray 1.46.05 Tree test (irradiance map problem...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 1.46.05 Tree test (irradiance map problem...)

Ok here is another one. sorry...

I just did a test with two highres trees that where instanced for arround 20 times. Each having about 700.000 polys. Well, that comes to a huge amount!
    While Vray 1.09 managet to render that amount in relative short times without exceptions. Vray 1.46.05 crashed each time generating the irradiance map. No matter what i tried for the settings (well it worked without irradiance map).

To say one thing in advance: I didn't take the old setting, but generated new setting in 1.46. And, I know it's a beta.

Ok, if anybody likes to do the same test or knows some usefull help, I would be happy.

best regards,

robert

The orignal Max6/vr1.09 scene can be downloaded at: http://www.form3d.de/rtest/trees_Max6_Vr109.rar
    (it contains no maps. It has 22 MB. It's a winrar!)

The picture:

Oh, forgot to say I managed to render 2 trees with vray 1.46 as proxy mesh with 3 tress Vray crashed.

and sadly, after the unhandled exception I had always to unload Max via the Taskmanager.... (was better with 1.09)

rob.

Comment

There's a similar thread (I think):

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=9230

Maybe it's the same bug here?

regards,

wouter
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

my problem has nothing to do with trees but i noticed the same behavior with old scenes.

some of my scenes that render fine with 1.09.03R will freeze max.

when i chancel the render i have to unload max with the task manager.
        sometime i get a exception error when unloading but it disapears so fast i can not see it.
        but i think itĀ“s the same that Freelance3d mentioned (something with 477 and faces).

Comment

Sounds like it.

rob.

Comment

i found the solution to my problem.
            donĀ“t know if it is of any help for you.

i had two tiny little objects in my scene with a blend material and coplanar faces.

when i change the material to a standard material or move one object, then all is fine.

the coplanar faces are no problem as long as i have a standard material assigned.

but when i have this blend material assigned AND coplanar faces, then vray freezes.

gi must be on too.
            without Gi the original scene renders fine, even with the blend material and coplanar faces.

1.09.03R renders this scene without a problem.

Comment

as the trees are automatic created by NatFX I don't know if there might be some coplanar faces arround. Anyhow that sounds like a known issue with many raytracers. I remember Mentalray that crashed if you did an extrusion of a shape with 0.

So, let's hope Vlado is aware of that problem.

regards.

robert

Comment

Yep, this has been reported and things should be better for the new build. The problem is when you have instances in the scene.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Here is a quick test to see if instances really work now:

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great... when you think the new Version will be downloadable?

(the picture looks darker, i have to check this on my computer?)

regards,

robert

Comment

Working...
                    X