Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie gets into deep water !!!

Hi,

I have a sketch architectural render to do for a Trust - the renders are to show the trustees the proposed building and hopefully get the go ahead for the project. I have been looking at Vray for a while and decided that this would be a suitable project to test it out on !!!! I have now spent far too much time trying to get some nice images, with no luck - I'm getting some very poor renders that are taking a very long time - much to learn!!!!

The question: has anyone out there got a spare half hour to help point me in the right direction - I guess I need the scene setting up right for Vray as well as the render settings putting right? I am on MAX7 with Vray advanced. The images I am after are simple white volumes with glass and a sky - the aim is to get some nice GI renders internally & externally.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help.

Many thanks,

Cameron.

[/img]

if you can post test renders and screengrabs of your scene, all your rendersettings and light settings, and we'll have you going in no time.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hi, thanks for replying so fast..... here is a cheeky question.... could I email you my file? I have not yet completed any test renders as they were going to take hours, even at low res !!!!! I guess I have the settings way out eh !!!!

Cheers.

Comment

what version of vray are you using? I wouldn't be able to look at the scene as Im not using max 7 and work hasn't jumped to it yet. Im sure others can help though in that regard.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Yes - MAX7 with Vray 1.46.06...... on a P4 3.0ghz HT with a gig...... thanks

Comment

i am on max 7 but not on 1.46 so sorry

Comment

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

Comment

Hi...... late night last night but I feel that I now have the germ of a start..... starts to get exciting. Here is the result of last night efforts, any good tips to clean this up?

Thanks in advance. Cameron.

Comment

Hi!

You can email me your scene on tisho@chaosgroup.com
                  I will look at it and reply you with an advice.
                  Best Regards,
                  Tisho

Comment

There was a bug in 1.46.06 that caused splotches like that with glass and affect alpha. This has been fixed in 1.46.07, so try upgrading.
                    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Yeah what egz said

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=9474

Comment

Thanks folks - spotty dog - this is the same scene rendered out with 1.46.07....... Any idea what the black stuff is creeping up the side of the tower? (right side, under the windows - plus a few other places).

Cheers,

Cameron

Comment

Hi Robur!

This is a test with your scene.

Settings:
                          Antialiasing: Adaptive QMC 1/4

GI 1st: Irrmap
                          GI 2nd: Lightmap

Irrmap: Medium

Lightmap: subdivs 500
                          sample size .002

QMC Sampler: Adaptive amount .85
                          Noise thr .002
                          min sampl. 10
                          global subdivs 4

For the artifacts that appear, they are because of the IrradianceMap. Switching to VeryLow settings solves a bit
                          the problem. What needs to be done in this case is to increase the Secondary ray Bias in Global Switches from
                          0.0 to 0.001. This option is used when there are overlapping surfaces and what it does is to shift a bit the
                          begining of the rays.

Scene setup is 1 vraylight(dome, mult:3) and 1 vraylight(plane, mult:50) with a bit of color on them.
                          The Plane light is for the shadows of the house. Max's Environment is Gradient map.
                          Best Regards,
                          Tisho

Comment

Tisho, you're a star..... fantastic. This is just what I have been trying to do for many hours. One point I'm not sure about is how to get some clouds reflected in the egzglass? is this poss (not from the environs map)?

Thanks again.

Cameron

Comment

I'm not sure if I understood you correct - you want to have some vague clouds reflected (shown) on the egzglass on the right part of the house, right?
                              Best Regards,
                              Tisho

Comment

Working...
                              X