Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need tips on creating material like this

hello,

my friends has gave me this image as show below, that is a brand of oil in Singapore, and ask me to create material for cover and render it.
    when i looked at it, i really don't know how can i start to create by using Max Material? can someone give me some advices and how to do it. i've search on this forum, but i can't find the right answer.

Please help me !

Is it going to be for an animation or a single rendering?

Comment

just single render.

Comment

just scan it then and use it as a bitmap.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

the best answers are always that simple

Comment

I guess, just as a tutorial, or a render theory, What are some of the methods people would use if this was to be for a rendering?

Comment

I would create a reflection mask and use a gradient map in a falloff slot set to reflect different colors based upon incidence angle. seems pretty straightforward.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

percydaman
                we can not scan it and use as a map. It not true, because we you rotate it, the color of cover will be changed, not whole, just some reflection color (sorry for my english)
                He said, we will render some views on different angle, maybe we use it for advert.

do you have any tutorial relate on this ?
                now i'm trying play with it. Hope i can post some views soon.

Anyway, thanx for your comments

Comment

why not just take photos of it and comp it in to whatever your doing? I mean whos going to really notice if the reflection colors aren't exactly right? Its so bizarre looking anyways.

Comment

this is what I came up with using the technique I laid out above.

http://myweb.cableone.net/amylenhart...s/weirdbox.avi

Comment

Hi percy,

This is a photo i took it yesterday, but we can't use it as you can see.

i can't download the avi movie, can you check it again ?

Comment

the movie works fine for me, i redownloaded it with no problem. why are you going to let taking a picture of the box create problems for you? Who says you have to take a picture straight on?

Take a highres picture from the angle and fix it in photoshop with free transform. Though I still would just take a pic of it at the angle you want and then just comp the whole thing into the 3d scene.

Comment

Just light it good with a soft broad light like a window or even better yet, a soft box. I'm sure there is a way to turn that flash off too

To expand on Percys suggestions...You could also blend between two images with a falloff map. Just reposition the lights used to catch that colorful specular at two extremes while making sure that it's lit well ambiently (using bounce cards) in both shots.

--Jon

Comment

what he said....

Comment

it seems the same effect of compat disc surface but masked with text

Is only my little opinion
                              Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

Working...
                              X