Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to set raycaster parameters to make vray render 9milion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to set raycaster parameters to make vray render 9milion?

Could someone suggest how to set the raycaster parameters to make vray render a scene to 2048x1536 with an athlon with 1GB of ram and on a p4 2,6 with 1.5 GB ram?

because Even the great use of instances (VRAY ver is 1.09.03r) I get error unhandled exception etc
    I tried only the direct computation, the irrad map calculation but always the error message

Someone wrote here about those settings can help with low amount of memory
    (1,5GB I don't think is so low )
    If someone has another solution please suggest

yet installed 3GB option

please

Thanks in advance
    Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

no hope to get an help

Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

Comment

a: the help file on the download page explains in detail the raycaster setup and what the numbers mean and how to use them.
      b: the newer versions handle memory better if your willing to update.
      c: you mention the 3gb switch yet you dont have 3gb of ram so i dont know if it would do anything

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

ok thank u no solution to render with 1.90.03r and 1 or 1.5 gb of ram

even with high number of instances a max file of 43MB
        incredible always problem with this scene
        always exception error

I have to use something else I think

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
          c: you mention the 3gb switch yet you dont have 3gb of ram so i dont know if it would do anything

it will allow windows to allocate more than 2GB memory to a single app, regardless if it's physical or virtual RAM.

edit : someone should fix forum bugs (like quote fonction)

Comment

Just can reply one thing: I never got 1.09 to render more then 3 million non instanced and non animated polygons.

regards,

robert

Comment

The 3gb switch really saved my (place wanted word here) on a 8million poly project. It was always crashing before, and work perfectly with it. For a 5000 px wide, and no prob. Worth a try
              Plus, render times on regular projects are getting a little faster, not much, but a few minutes is a few minutes
              Alain Blanchette
              www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong but from strange results about my pc's I discovered that one pc with win2k 1,5 gb doesn't render the scene, one with 1 GB but XP installed with sp2 render the scene!!!!

every pc has 3GB otpion in boot.ini and started with this option!!

maybe win2k doesn't work with this opion!!!

what can I understand by this experience?

thanks to all for the replies

and thanks in advance

Comment

Try to lower the Max tree depht from 60 to 50 and increase the face/level coef from 2 to 4. Further lowering of the settings didn't change anything in my scene; maybe you get it running...

If not: optimize your geometry.

cheers
                  marc

Comment

the 3GB option is XP only

Comment

thanks daforce now I know as well!!

over 1.8 GB 3dsmax 6 on win2k crashes giving unhandled exception error

If anyone could solve the problem is welcome!!

bye

Comment

Try to lower the Max tree depht from 60 to 50 and increase the face/level coef from 2 to 4. Further lowering of the settings didn't change anything in my scene; maybe you get it running...
                        yep...50 / 3 usually works super well !!

Comment

Working...
                        X