Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most imporatant fix that vray needs for 1.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most imporatant fix that vray needs for 1.5?

To me the single most imporatant issue that needs to be addressed is DR.

Alot of people are having problems with DR and it is a very important feature that most, if not all users, really need to work consistently.

Please, no flames in here. Just let us know which single current feature is important to you that it work consistently.

Tony

DR

I primarily do ArchVis with max nowadays so the biggest thing for me isn't so much the bling bling features but the DR directly affects the amount of work I can do in one day.

Christopher Grant
    3D Artist, Fleetwood
    Maxscript Junky, ScriptSpot
    Christopher Grant
    Director of Visualization, HMC Architects
    Portfolio, ChristopherGrant.com

Comment

DR / region render with DR.
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

DR!

Comment

I seem to be having a lot of issues with motion blur and displacements. Since I render everything with motion blur as a final, I really, really need it to work and not crash for some unknown reason.

DR isn't as important for me as it is for you guys doing stills and Arch/Vis but I can see how you would need it.

-=GB=-
          Galen Beals
          Animator/Technical Director
          Portland, Oregon

Comment

DR without a doubt. it's very inconsistent. it works, it doesn't work.
            val valgardson
            http://www.photorealistic-rendering.com/

Comment

I mostly render animations so DR is just nice to have, not crucial.
              For me motion blur is important, and the VFB needs to be bug free and support max gamma.
              Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Rendering large scene's. I've had nothing but problems rendering large amounts of polygons. I think the proxy option might still need some work. I'm going to submit one of my scene's to Vlado late next week that can't be rendered because of what I believe to be a polygon count problem. Whatever the problem is that I'm experiencing needs to be addressed.

Comment

I think opacity is still much to slow and cause to much flickering with GI.

The same goes for transparenz and visibility.

Vlado promised us some kind of 'fast' stencle feature in the Vray Material. Still I miss this very very much.

On the other side less crashes with animated geometry as well as with highres would be nice.

best regards,

robert

Comment

full RTT support and better DISTRIBUTED GI calculation... (heavily exhaling)

i am done, thank you

Comment

Getting Hyperthreading to work wouldn't go a miss!
                      How come Psychics have to ask for your name?

Comment

I agree with distributed GI calculation something like mental ray or Final render

Is my little opinion
                        Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

Working...
                        X