Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.09 vs 1.46

is this a know issue...
    i have renderings with the 1.09 version done in 5 minutes...
    exactly the same scene needs over 10 min.
    same machine, same settings !

features i used:GI-> only skylight with irradiance map, DOF and blurry reflections

very werid.....

/.mario'
    Dual Xeon E5-2699 v43, ASUS Gforce RTX 2080S, Samsung M.2 SSD,
    www.robostudio.swiss/portfolio
    mr@robostudio.swiss

same quality as well?

What you should do is make a rendering with show samples on and compare the two renderings. It is likely that 1.46 will show more samples with the same settings than 1.09. Vlado told that QMC sampler has changed a lot. Also it could well be that 1.46 takes more samples for blurry reflections by default.
    Also note that the default qmc is now 8 samples, whereas in 1.09 it is 15. Maybe try to renderer with default settings of lower the qmc global multiplier. I am sure you should be able to get similar render times/quality in 1.46, but it takes some time to get used to this new vray.
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

i think the biggest thing also is when importing a scene from 1.09 to 1.4x and using QMC for secondary bounces it imports at 50 subdiv. lower that to about 8.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

And dont forget the glossy subdivs in your materials, They will be at 50 as well, drop them down as well.

Comment

Working...
        X