Batch Install Vray - Any Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Install Vray - Any Idea?

I was wondering if anyone had any techniques for installing Vray over a network?
    There seems to be a new build every week - I can't keep up! :P
    Its quite time consuming installing it on our 30 odd computers - I wrote a simple xcopy batch file that copied what I thought where the Vray system files but with disasterous results.
    I thought I'd ask if anyone else has a way of doing this painlessly that they'd like to share.

Cheers
    Chris
    --||atomcraft||--
    www.chrisglew.com
    | Sun Ultra 40 Workstation | XP 64 | 2X Dual Core Opteron64 280 | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro 4000 |

Make a temporary directory. copy your 3dsmax.exe into this directory.

xcopy /s /y temp_directory target_comp_max_directory

rig up a batchfile
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

i use an app called "synchromagic" to clone my max dir to all workstations. it's faster and more intelligent than xcopy.
      works great. even DR is working

http://www.gelosoft.com/scrnshtp.html
      Marc Lorenz
      ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
      www.marclorenz.com
      www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

what we did was: we made a single directory over the newtwork that can be accessed by any machine, copied the vray files there, then just pointed the path in each of the plugin.ini files and thats it...then just update the netwrok's directory with new vray.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Morbid Angel,

I have tried this in the past and did not have luck getting it to work. Again, I tried tonight and was unable to get it to work. I can not even get it to work if I install vray to a different set of local folders. I edit the pligin.ini and it just does not work. If in plugin manager I load the plugins from the path they do load up.

Any thoughts?

I am trying with Max 7 and 1.46.09.

Regards,

Corey
          Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
          Director

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by corey
            Morbid Angel,

I have tried this in the past and did not have luck getting it to work. Again, I tried tonight and was unable to get it to work. I can not even get it to work if I install vray to a different set of local folders. I edit the pligin.ini and it just does not work. If in plugin manager I load the plugins from the path they do load up.

Any thoughts?

I am trying with Max 7 and 1.46.09.

Regards,

Corey
            I have had the same problem

Comment

This is how I copied the program files to the max6 directory -

xcopy /e /y \blahblahnetworkinfoVray_Advancedsys_files*.* c:3dsmax6

However it didn't work at all.
              I got the files by creating a bogus max directory with a 3dsmax.exe file in it and ran the vray installer.

Am I copying the wrong files over or does the installer do more than just dump files in directories?

Chris
              --||atomcraft||--
              www.chrisglew.com
              | Sun Ultra 40 Workstation | XP 64 | 2X Dual Core Opteron64 280 | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro 4000 |

Comment

I just tried synchromagic, it works a treat... im now one happy man

Comment

i've just installed it to and it looks like a realy cool software
                  i'm happy 2
                  http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

Working...
                  X