Brighter patch in an area of constant light - not a "bl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighter patch in an area of constant light - not a "bl

So I'm having some problems with a bright spot in my renderings. As you can see from the following images, a bright spot shows up under the hearth of this fireplace. But if rendered from a different angle, there is no issue. I have included a wireframe of how the lighting is setup, as well as the settings for the light under the hearth. Don't worry about the "light bleed" from the top of the hearth - that is intentional, you can see the lights for that in the wireframe. There are 3 instanced vray lights under the hearth to span the distance, but it did the exact same thing when there was only one, so I dont think changing that will make a difference. I tried toggling "store with irradience map" "smooth surface shadows" and increasing the subdivisions for the light...no change was apparent

I am using IRRmap + lightmap for GI - no colormapping, and the default-high settings for the irrmap.

This is with the latest 1.46.9 build

Thanks in advance

View with problem:

View without problem:

Wireframe of detail:

Light setting for light under hearth:

I see the same issue in all of them.

Ismael

Comment

Here's a blowup with the problem area highlighted so its easier to see what I mean

Comment

You would not happen to have a light shoved half way through geometry?
        Please let us know when you find the culprit.

Cheers,

Ismael

Comment

Does it go away if you turn off reflection caustics?
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Reflective caustics for the irrmap are turned off in those renderings.

And no - there isn't a light inside geometry.

Comment

Working...
            X