Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering Buying VRay

Hi,

I'm currently a Brazil user, but have been playing about with the free/demo version of VRay for a while now and am finding it a better renderer for the type of work I do, so, I'm considering buying it.

Before I shell out, I want to know what I'll get for my money. The vray site seems to be thin on the ground in terms of details and what you're actually getting (other than the software). Do you get good documentation, examples, tutorials, etc? Or is it just the software?

Also how many render-node licences do you get?

Any info greatly appreciated.

You get 10 nodes and can purchase more if needed. The nodes are per computer not processor.

The documentation is a little thin. You get a help file that is a work in progress and you get this bulletin board where people are helpful. The authors will often step in and provide assistance.

The software is provided via a download only. There are new "beta" builds with new features available on a regular bases. 1.48 is the current build. When the final build 1.5 is released (soon I hope) you will get that at no charge. Hope this helps.

Alexie

Comment

The 10 node limit is only for DR (distributed rendering) when using Backburner there is no limit to the nodes for a V-Ray license and they are free .
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

I also forgot to mention that they have some basic tutorials to get you started.

Alexie

Comment

the manual: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRayHelp150beta/

The one available at the vray user area has been updated since then.. but that will give you an idea of the options available..

The examples areas near the bottom do a very good job of explaining settings and terms.

Cheers.
          Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Based on this I've just bought it!

Comment

Welcome to the fold
              Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X