Expotential And Linear Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expotential And Linear Lighting

Expotential light with a standart Vray Light and a multiplyer of 2 and Enviromental to 1 creates very nice blending of overbright ness and shadows are quite bright but the textures are very bright and the colours have to be crancked up to achieve the colour that you want, On the other hand the Linear makes all the textures and textures look nice but the shadowed areas are quite dark.

What would be the best way to render an exterior shot?

YEah, cmon lets find out...

Comment

Tnx for the reply "ezrhythm" but your post doesn't help much , now does it

Comment

i was hoping to get something cleared out in this thread, but somehow its being "ignored"....hehe

well i used to use the exponential hsv but cause it gives u a nice control over the light-dark balance...but it removes its contrast ...so now im back with the linear.
        Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
        nuno@ene-digital.com
        00351 917593145

Comment

hi, latelly i've been only used linear in everything , interior and exterior views, what i have done to avoid dark shadows is to increase the dark multiplier in color maps, and if it let too much bleed at your scene , you can control it decreasing the saturation value there in render>indirect ilumination> saturation
          natal - brazil

Comment

Tnx for the reply guys

Comment

What Version of Vray do you have "silver" that has the "Situration " option ?

My version is 1.09.03r. how can i solve the colour bleed in that version.?

Comment

oh cool tip silver. Thats in the builtin max/viz exposure control section right?

My problem is for an interior scene where the outside needs to be really brightly lit (otherwise it looks too dark through the glass), I have to crank up the direct sun multiplier, but in doing so Im stuck with needing HSV exponential colourmapping to prevent the timber floor being washed out

Comment

Tip :: to aviod loss of contrast use Linear .... and low level lights ... but all mats with outputs .. this way you get nice bright rooms with no blow outs.
                  Natty
                  http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

what do u mean for all materials with outputs?
                    could u explain better?

thx in advance
                    Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

yeah ...its the output map ...

Natty
                      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X