Reflections on mattes + alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflections on mattes + alpha

I was just wondering how I can get reflections on my matte objects without beeing "forgotten" in the alpha-channel. I can get shadows on my mattes with the a correct alpha ... but my reflections aren't following

I'm using a MtlWrapper with the VRayMtl as a base material but without succes so far.

Any help would be most welcome!

Thx

You should render the reflections as a separate pass (or use the G-buffer output) since they can't be composited using the same blending mode as the shadows. Shadows should be multiplied, while reflections should be added.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

The problem just seemed to have moved place actually. The reflection layer doesn't show the reflections created on mattes. They are present in the render but I can't seem to get them separately. I've been trying lots of combinations of MtlWrapper and Object properties but without succes.

Something else that worries me a bit is that the alpha of the reflection layer is the same as the original image...

Another idea perhaps?

Comment

I have the same problem, with a different method:
        I keep all my materials but I have putting in my system panel the alpha contribution to -1. Reflexion material have reflexion that I can see on the pict and in my alpha but...
        there are many white reflexion on plane surface with eggz mtl.
        And how can we have reflexion for a matte example: an "RPC" behind a handrail with glass?

That's all
        =:-/
        Laurent

Comment

Working...
        X