AA in 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA in 1.4

I currently use 1.09 for production with simple two-level anti antialiasing. this seems to give me the best speed/quality. I have been learning 1.4 and have noticed that simple two-level has been replaced with adaptive QMC which seems to be quite different. I normally use settings of min 2- max6 thresh.05 for simple two-level. What settings will give similar quality for adaptive QMC? Why was simple two-level eliminated?

Alexie

Is anyone using adaptive QMC? When I use it it looks bad even when I turn up the settings.

Comment

You will most likely need to decrease the Noise threshold in the QMC Sampler rollout to get a better result. If you can also post some images with the problems you are having, it will be helpful.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i use the new adaptive QMC AA for every scene now.
        its great for animations and its F A S T.

i even turn down the high value one step and its still good enough for most animations.
        Reflect, repent and reboot.
        Order shall return.

Comment

Tammo- Can you give an example of the settings you use? Thanks.

Alexie

Comment

just the default settings.
            Reflect, repent and reboot.
            Order shall return.

Comment

I lowered the QMC noise threshold as Vlado suggested and it vastly improved the image but it seems a little noisier than adaptive subdivision. I changed the noise value from .005 to .001.

Comment

Working...
              X