rpc problem(I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpc problem(I think)

I have a bunch of rpc trees and some rpc automobiles in my scene. The problem is I'm getting mult-colored splotches all over my image. I tried shutting off both receive and generate gi and caustics on my rpcs but that didn't help any. Does anyone know what to do to get rid of this problem?

If you hide all of the RPC's does it still do it? I read someone else having this problem in the last week. Recently I thought I had this problem but I actually had some non-vray materials in my scene. Another thing that caused this for me was displacement with certain material settings...but I bet you have tried these things already

Comment

Yes the problem goes away with the rpcs turned off. I tried the vray scene converter just to make sure that I had all vray type materials in my scene and it still rendered with these spots, but not quite as bad only a few colored spots, but if you zoom in closely there is discolorization where some of the old colored spots were. ex. My garage is an off-white color, the spots are displaying the off-white color a little bit darker. I'm also using dispaced grass but I don't think that this is a problem. By the way this scene is being rendered in v1.09

Comment

Yes the problem goes away with the rpcs turned off. I tried the vray scene converter just to make sure that I had all vray type materials in my scene and it still rendered with these spots, but not quite as bad only a few colored spots, but if you zoom in closely there is discolorization where some of the old colored spots were. ex. My garage is an off-white color, the spots are displaying the off-white color a little bit darker. I'm also using dispaced grass but I don't think that this is a problem. By the way this scene is being rendered in v1.09
        try turning off the grass displacement for the ir map calc (save it), then turn it back on for the final render. Displaced grass has cause these problems for me in the past
        Chris
        The Revitlution

Comment

I'll give that a shot first hing in the morning. Thanks

Comment

Well I just deleted the displacement modifer and I still get these mult-colored spots. Not as bad but still unaceptable. I'm attaching 2 links to my images. The first one has displacement and the second one doesn't. Please take a look at them and hopefully one of you will be able to help me out. Thanks everyone!

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/341956/Pic1.jpg.html
            http://rapidshare.de/files-en/341960/Pic2.jpg.html[/img]

Comment

i think it´s material of the cars

did you try to hide the cars??

the spots are next to the cars... it seems to be a material problem of the cars (glass?) .do you get warnings in the vraywindow?

thomes

Comment

woah... I've never seen multi-colored spots like that, my are usually red blothes.

there use to be a link floating around that talked about why that happened, try searching ofr it.

good luck.

-Z
                Chris
                The Revitlution

Comment

When you converted your materials were there any raytrace maps that got converted too?
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

RErender - No, unless the rpc's themselves have raytrace maps attached to them somehow. I'm pretty sure all of my materials were vray materials I made. I only tried the converter just to make sure.

czoog - I searched the forum and the only thread I could find that was close said to turn off "generate GI" and "generate caustics" on all rpcs and that should clear up any discolorizations. Was there another one you might have seen?

Ok, I took out the rpc cars and it renders fine with no spots at all. I've attached the image for everyone to view. I've also attached another image of my material editor. I brought in one of the rpc automobiles mult-sub materials. As you can see it's full of different colors. Is this normal to see for an rpc? I mean the rpc itself seems to be rendering fine. What else can I try?

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/348719/Pic3.jpg.html
                    http://rapidshare.de/files-en/348722...erial.jpg.html

Thanks again for everyone's response's!

Comment

I noticed on a RPC car it has options to reflect and also a seperate setting for glass. I'd be guessing something like this is the problem

i wonder if the RPC is using its own standard materials for this if there is a way of getting it into the material editor?

I havnt tried this myself but you could render out the cars on a seperate pass and composite in photoshop afterwards

Comment

I have everything shut off in the rpc except for the glass tinting. I just have left it at it's default setting. I'll try and adjust the slider to have both no tinting and fully tinted to see if that helps at all. Thanks!

Comment

Ok, I figured out the problem. All you have to do with rpc cars is to make sure the "cast reflections" is turned on. I had them off figuring that it would cause problems with VRay.

Comment

Working...
                          X