Compositing vray fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compositing vray fog

Hi, whats the proper way of setting up/compositing fog if i wanna do 2 renders, 1 with no fog and another one only with fog element, that would produce a similar result as if i was having everything in 1 scene? Hope i described this proper.

Thanks
    www.yellimages.com

32-bit linear add I would imagine...

Comment

Yes, but how? Black objects diffuse? Only diffuse? No gi? How would the second pass be? thanks!
      www.yellimages.com

Comment

Black material in override, turn off GI and maps. Make it render as quick as possible. Add the VrayEnvFog environment effect and select which lights to use. And set up a gizmo works well to control the location of the fog. Should render black and white, and pretty quick. Just doing it on a project now!

Comment

Thanks. And i want scatter gi i should use a fog emmision? This was the first method that i tried and didnt work well in interiors that im doing atm.
          www.yellimages.com

Comment

I find in a lot of cases scatter is not needed, for clouds maybe, but arch viz not so much. If you increase the scatter times from 1 I believe you will also need GI turned back on.

Comment

Yep, and i wanna avoid having GI, so i changed the emission color to fake the gi bounces. I wouldnt go into all this trouble, but its a 3 minute video with some interiors and tight deadline so...
              Thanks a lot for the help!
              www.yellimages.com

Comment

Working...
              X