Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY frame buffert window

Hey guys,

I have an issue that i cannot seam to solve.

We show our renderfarm on an 55" TV, using RDCM.

The problem i have is that the Vray frame buffer windows always opens up outside the screen, and i have to "maximize" the window to fullscreen, then i can drag it down and place it where i want. The problem is that when that render is done. And max closes, the same problem accours again in the new max.

I found an maxscrip, that can resett window positions, but i cannot figure out what the vray frame buffer window i called in the 3dsmax.ini file?

I have tried to create a new ini file, but its the same issue.

None of these seams to do the trick

-- Rendering:
    setINISetting inipath "RenderProgressDialogPosition" "Dimension" "0 0 379 372"
    setINISetting inipath "RenderVFBPosition" "Position" "0 0 412 156"
    setINISetting inipath "RenderDialogPosition" "Dimension" "0 0 457 1023"
    setINISetting inipath "RenderMessageWindow" "Dimension" "0 0 871 406"
    setINISetting inipath "RenderPresetsCategoryDialogPosition" "RenderPresetsCategoryDialogDimension" "0 0 210 280"
    setINISetting inipath "mentalrayMessagesPosition" "Dimension" "0 0 600 400"

Any one has any ideas?

Thanks

Rickard

One way is to assign the Scanline renderer and then switch back to V-Ray and it should reset the VFB position. You can save a V-Ray preset to keep the settings.

Other than that, I have to check if the vfbControl command can reset the VFB

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      One way is to assign the Scanline renderer and then switch back to V-Ray and it should reset the VFB position. You can save a V-Ray preset to keep the settings.

Other than that, I have to check if the vfbControl command can reset the VFB

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Hej Vlado,

Thanks for helping out.

Setting the scanline renderer , then moving back did not solve the lite issue. Can it have something to do with the submit from deadline part?

Best
      Rickard

Comment

Do you have more that one monitor on your render nodes? We did some test and on our side and when we log on a remote machine all windows that have been opened on it merge on the one screen that is active. Resetting the VFB window position by changing the render to Scanline and then reverting back to V-Ray works fine here.

You could try two more ways of resetting the VFB position:
        - Editing or deleting the vrayvfbuser.ini file located in: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax \2017 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg"

- Resetting 3ds Max to default user settings by deleting the entire ENU folder, located in:
        "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax \2017 - 64bit\ENU"
        Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
        Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by nikolay.kusht View Post
          Do you have more that one monitor on your render nodes? We did some test and on our side and when we log on a remote machine all windows that have been opened on it merge on the one screen that is active. Resetting the VFB window position by changing the render to Scanline and then reverting back to V-Ray works fine here.

You could try two more ways of resetting the VFB position:
          - Editing or deleting the vrayvfbuser.ini file located in: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax \2017 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg"

- Resetting 3ds Max to default user settings by deleting the entire ENU folder, located in:
          "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax \2017 - 64bit\ENU"
          Hey Nikolay,

Thank you very much! The edit in vrayvfbuser.ini did the trick! *happy*

//Rickard

Comment

Working...
          X