Adding multiple normal maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding multiple normal maps

Hi, how can i add multiple normal maps? I got 1 from zbrush and 1 from substance painter and i wanna use both. Thanks
    www.yellimages.com

I know i should probably bake the high poly normals to the low poly model in substance and continue from there, but i dont have the zbrush mesh. So so far i used a vray normal map, i added the one map in the normal slot and in the 2nd slot i added a color to bump and added the second map. Is that proper? ty
    www.yellimages.com

Comment

Rens made a great osl for that:
      http://www.rensheeren.com/

You could also use nested VRayBumpMtl materials I think.
      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Thank u very much. Does this work in latest vray? I d prefer not to use plugin for this and maybe nested method with some proper filtering or something. Thanks again
        www.yellimages.com

Comment

Originally posted by thanulee View Post
          Thank u very much. Does this work in latest vray? I d prefer not to use plugin for this and maybe nested method with some proper filtering or something. Thanks again
          Yes I think it works in any vray version with osl support. (which was a few versions ago.. I dont know, Its been around for a while)
          A great thing about osl's is that they're handled like textures.
          So you just need to make sure all your nodes have access to the osl and you're ready to go.
          No installation and stuff. Distributed rendering even spreads them on its own. Just like textures
          German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

mix sub map
            Archviz Designer. 2x 2990wx + 4x 1950x + 3x 1800x / Nvidia RTX GPU.
            3dsmax / maya / vray / corona / redshift / unreal / fstorm / arnold

Comment

Originally posted by Ihno View Post

Yes I think it works in any vray version with osl support. (which was a few versions ago.. I dont know, Its been around for a while)
              A great thing about osl's is that they're handled like textures.
              So you just need to make sure all your nodes have access to the osl and you're ready to go.
              No installation and stuff. Distributed rendering even spreads them on its own. Just like textures
              Awesome!! didnt know that! thanks
              www.yellimages.com

Comment

Working...
              X