saved irr map anim with visibility track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saved irr map anim with visibility track

i know it's not possible to use a saved irr map/lightmap with moving objects, but does this also apply to objects that go in and out of visibility?

i'm doing a flyaround of an exhibition space which then goes into the space, but wanted the ceiling to appear when the camera goes inside...

thanks.
    when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

It may work depending on the specific case... try computing the irradiance map with everything visible; then do one more pass with incremental add to the same map and with "Visible to camera" off for the objects that will have animated visibility - this is to add information about parts of the scene that may have been hidden by those objects; then you can render the final animation.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks vlado.

i've just calc'ed the ir map with the objects hidden and it seems to have included them anyway...

i'll try what you've suggested and let you know how i get on.

Comment

i got it to work.

i comped the irradiance map with the roof objects hidden, then unhid them when i rendered out the full animation.

when i tried previously to comp the ir map with the objects turned on i got holes in the map which left big dark areas on the final animation...

there was no need to do another pass with incremental add.

i ended up turning off the lightmap second bounce for the gi as it seemed to crash the animation in final rendering.

Comment

Working...
        X