No announcement yet.

PSD Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not that Im actually defending cebas but you cant realy expect them to test and recode their software as nessasary to work with every little aspect of vray? there are ongoing issues with DR and I think that it should be used with caution because there are a few underlying bugs to be worked out. I have no idea what all the bugs are but I have found a couple problems here that seem to point to DR but I need to look closer at the files in question to rule out every thin but.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Silly question, but can Max Layers be used to export separate alpha channels?
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I'm not asking them to support or not support DR. All I am suggesting is that they write 3 or 4 sentences explaining the setup of psd mgr with vray. After all, they are the ones who keep insisting that it works with vray, contrary to everyone's initial experiences. They have a few lines explaining setup with another renderer, but not vray.

I would just think it would be easier to post the info once on web or help than to monitor this forum and repeatedly tell people "yes it does too work!"

sigpic
        J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
        https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

Oh btw if cebas is reading this, when I installed the demo I no longer had viewports in OpenGL . This really is pervasive software, use with care...
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

mhh, this is dissapointing to hear. I finally have a demo of PSD manager ready to install when I get a little break from my projects. I was looking forward to have PSD manager (and Ghospainter) working without a glitch with Vray.

Not having PSDmanager working with DR is a big hassle.

Vlado???? we need you to fix the G-buffer so it works with DR. Would you, pleeeeaze?

Comment

i find PSD-Manager a very useful tool.
              but every Layer we try to export has jagged outlines.
              is somebody here who could explain me how to setup vray/PSD-Manager right?
              thanks

regards
              ale

www.indivizuals.ch

Comment

psd manager how to with vray

Can anybody give a guide to how to use this program. I can render out the g-buffers for the object id etc... but i can not get the reflection, shadow, diffuse to be added in the saved psd file.

Comment

What version of V-Ray are you using?
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

i'm using 1.47.03.

andrewjohn81: you have to activate the 3D max render elements first. than you have access to them via the psd-manager.

www.indivizuals.ch

Comment

You guys are getting about as much out of it as possible with 1.47. If you upgrade to RC2 you will be able to save out with render elements and with antialiased edges for most of the layers.
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

coool...this would be great!
                        we recieved the software-key for 1.5, but we decided to wait for the dongles.

thanks again

greez
                        ale

www.indivizuals.ch

Comment

psd manager how to with vray

I've downloaded the demo and still can not get it to out put anything but the final image only. is there a certain file name convention that needs to followed? just can't can't get it to work... i'm using vray1.5 elements save out fine but don't get added to the psd file. (yes that section is checked in the psd manager

Comment

I had a similar post about PSD manager a week or so ago talking about the jaggy aliasing issues. It turns out that, atleast for version 1.47.03, it will always happen when using Vray. However, if you switch renderers to scanline just before rendering, things clean up very nicely. The problem is, if you have vray materials on everything, you need to "standardize" them if you want them to appear in your psd file. I think it's just the way the sampling engien works and no matter how high or low the quality, you still get those funny pixelated jaggies around the isolations. It really is a powerful tool however and I'm not knocking it at all.

Comment

more info from cebas regarding psd

I recieved this from a cebas contact... helps understand what is going on... Say does anyone know the best way to set up the render elements layers in photoshop in regards to their blending mode, order, just trying to get that to work appropriately... having troubles with Global illumination.

FYI if you right click on the render element in the psd layer list you can save your settings for each render element. not position which sucks.. there really should be a save setting for the position as well. not only one but multiple save and load options.

Thanks

From Cebas in regards of psd and Vray compatability issues:

I'm currently investigating why psd-manager doesn't output render elements when using the VRay 1.5 Virtual Framebuffer.

The reason is that if you enable the VRay VFB that VRay disables all render elements (Look in the Enabled column on the render elemnt tab of the render dialog). Usually this option of a render element is only modified by the user to disable it. The VRay debelopers are using this option as a workaround so they can stop 3dsmax from allocating memory for the render elements. But since psd-manager expects the standard behaviour that disabled render elements are ignored by the renderer (like Scanline, Mental Ray do) they are not added to the PSD file.

I will add some VRay specific code to psd-manager that tolerates this workaround. So as long as it is safe for psd-manager to access VRay's VFB this should work in the next version of psd-manager.

Comment

Working...
                              X