Aerial perspective affecting Z depth in some cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial perspective affecting Z depth in some cases

Hi, i had this issue yesteday with a scene. Is it a known one? Not sure if it happens in all scenes, this was a big scale one. thanks
    www.yellimages.com

Both VRayAerialPerspective and VRayEnvironmentFog affects the ZDepth render element and this is a correct behaviour.
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Thanks but how come this is correct? If i reconstruct beauty from passes and i wanna control fog separate, i got different Z from the one that i defined (and in that specific scene was wrong if u net front it net also in the very back of the scene).
      Last edited by thanulee; 14-08-2017, 03:04 AM.
      www.yellimages.com

Comment

It would be best if you could explain in more details what are you trying to achieve. You could write us at support@chaosgroup.com by sending us some examples and we would assist you further.
        Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
        Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Sorry for the delay.
          Here is the issue: When aerial is inside Z pass, in compositing is wrong, cause white areas are in focus. See what i get with aerial inside Z and see what i should really get. Aerial and fog shouldnt affect Z pass.

I am atthaching also scene files for both max and AE:
          3ds max : https://www.dropbox.com/s/21hvwo1no6...issue.max?dl=0
          AE: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b8jq0i4r2...cjp0e7p0a?dl=0
          (need Frischluft plugin to see Depth in AE or just AE camera lens blur default)
          thanks
          Attached Files
          www.yellimages.com

Comment

And it also affects vrayextratex, so if you tend to render AO pass as dirt extra texture, you are kind of screwed.

It might be correct behaviour, as devs mention, from a technical point of view, but for sure it isn't user friendly at all.
            How about making extra checkbox in fog settings, where you can choose if you wish fog/aerial perspective to affect render passes/alpha of not ? Its a small thing but highly anticipated.

Comment

Ye idk in other software how this could work, but in AE as far as i know, z pass like this is unusable.
              If there is a trick that im not aware of im all ears.
              Otherwise what u suggest is the solution here
              www.yellimages.com

Comment

Any updates plz?
                www.yellimages.com

Comment

I made a note to the developers to look at this again. For now as a workaround you can re-render the scene without lights, GI and environment effects just to get the correct Z-depth pass quickly.
                  Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank u. Yes i wanna avoid this re render thing for 1 pass cause i recently did a project with 60 shots. Add few version on each shot, and instantly this becomes an organisation nightmare
                    Thanks again for forwarding this to the devs.
                    www.yellimages.com

Comment

I guess, this is still not resolved?
                      It makes indeed zbuffer unusable in combination with Aerial perspective...

Comment

Yes, +1 for having a vray fog exclude option in zdepth.

Comment

I have wanted an option allows one to determine which REs the environment effects affect. I have asked for it previously and have just been told the same thing; It's intended behavior.
                          It's an absolute pain in the ass that every single week I have to re-render my images with the effects turned off just to get a 'clean' z depth pass. Such a waste of time.

PLEASE chaos can you give the USERS the OPTION instead of just telling us accept it the way it is?
                          James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                          Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Working...
                          X