Memory question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory question

I am rendering scene 1500x1000 pix( currently calculating LIGHTMAP as secondary bounces), and task manager memory usage is 1.9GB ram. I use DR and two pc are rendering with 3GB switch enabled. The CPU usage is between 50-60% and it should be 100%.
    Why is that happening. On one scene I had CPU working 100% and it used 2.3 GB memory.
    By the way I have 2Gb memory on both PCs.
    Maybe its the 100Mbit network that is slowing down, but I think its enouph for just two PC's.
    If I render it in resolution 800x600 than everything goes very fast as it should be, but at higher resolution it is 20 times slower.
    In vray system I have set Dynamical 1000MB. How many MB should I put in this slot if I have 2 GB RAM.

One more question about 3GB switch: does that mean that I can use 3 gb of ram and windows xp will see it or 2gb is maximum.

Vray 1.46.10
    www.VisualizationStudio.com

I had the same problem. I disabled hyperthreading and my cpu usage jumped back up to 100

Comment

I use AMD, so no HT on my PC.
      Now I am trying to render one old project and my CPU usage in Task manager looks as its going to get heart attack. Its jumping from 50-90% with memory usage 1.4GB and I have 2 GB.
      And it seams so slooower than before. I dont know whats happening.
      It happens even when I render with one PC.
      www.VisualizationStudio.com

Comment

Working...
      X