Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Squares on Render PhoenixFD

Hello all,

when i try to render the scene there is a lot of random squares & flicker that appear on the sand on the ground! any idea why do these appear? any setting i might be missing ?

also these squares are moving in the animation, and also you can see in the bottom right of the capture 3 the squares of the render that also appear!
    PC Specs: CPU i9-14900K - GPU RTX 4090 - RAM 192GB 5200MHz - MB Asus ROG Maximus Dark Hero

Hello,

Can you send a scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can check it out?

Thank you,
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Thanks for sending the scene. We got it and are looking into the issue.
      Miroslav Ivanov
      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hey,

This should be fixed in today's nightly build. In order for the shot to render correctly we have introduced a new hidden parameter for the Particle Shader called "ptSizeExtra". By default it's set to 0 and can be increased to suppress such artifacts. You must be very careful because increasing it too much might slow down the rendering a lot.

Select your Particle Shader and from the MaxScript editor set the following code:

$.ptSizeExtra = 0.01

(You will have to find the value that works best for your case, try with small increments like 0.01 or 0.1 first and go up from there)
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X