Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax 7 Net Render Vrmap problem

I am trying to do something very simple using 1.09r -
    It works in 3dsmax 6 but does not work with 3dsmax 7.
    I am net rendering my Vrmap by dividing it up and distributing it in chunks across a farm. I have the settings the same in 3dsmax 7 as 3dsmax 6 :

incremental add to current map : YES
    don't delete : YES
    auto save : YES (the filepath chosen can be seen by all computers)

When I render locally (without using backburner) it saves the map fine, but when I render using backburner nothing is saved. I have tested the exact same technique using 3dsmax 6 and it works perfectly.

Any suggestions.

Thank You.

Did you see the sticky thread in this forum?? http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=9169

/Thomas
    www.suurland.com
    www.cg-source.com
    www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, I just downloaded and trying to get it to work.

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately no solution for 1.09r

It seems as though this script only works with the later versions of Vray. I am in the middle of a project and don't want to run the risk of leaving 1.09r.
        It looks like I'll be sitting and watching Vray work for the next couple of days - what a nuisance why did I ever think it was a good idea to move to 3ds 7 - I should of know that it takes at least a year to iron out all the bugs.

If anybody knows of a way to work around this with 1.09r I'm all ears.

Thanks

Comment

According to discreet, the irradiance-map-not-saving thingy will be fixed in the next service pack for 3dsmax.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          You might try bugging discreet to see if they can get you the new backburner or whatever the fix is .
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Hi adam
            Try to set the path for saving the irr map localy on each machine (make sure they all have the same folder exist)
            each server will save it chunk to it local hd
            http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

Networked locations

Unfortunately (or fortunately) the network drive letters are all in sync and even when I try to render on my command computer through backburner the Vrmap dissappears at the end of the render. I was hoping to get away with doing a net render with Vrmap set to single but I am getting really awful results - the worst I have ever seen - white splotches and black dots ( kind of a cool effect if you where looking for it ).

The way I look it at I only have the follow options and I would appreciate your input

1. Retrograde to 3ds 6 - pain in the ass, using .3ds and re-texturing.
              2. Sit and wait while my main computer churns out the Vrmap.
              4. Sit and wait for a year while the farm churns out a Direct Comutation.
              3. Install the latest Beta (scary scary prospect)

At the moment I am leaning towards Retrograding to 3ds 6 what are your thoughts ?

Comment

I have no problem rendering IRmaps with max7 and vray1.09 with rerender's script. The only thing is that you have to use “incremental add to current map” and use the IRmap of the last frame as your final IRmap.

The reason is that rerender's batch merge script only with the new IRmap viewer and if you merge all your IRmap into one and try to use it, Vray 1.09 would have problem loading the IRmap. But since "incremental add to current map" is used, the last frame is as good as the merged one.

At least this is how I make it work in my company. Hope this helps.

Comment

Sounds interesting - could you give me more details

Sounds interesting - maybe you could give me a blow by blow step by step. I am getting confused by settings with the script, merging maps, backburner ect.

What has me most confused is do the settings in the scripts dialogue supersede the settings in the Vray Vrmap dialogue ?

Thanks for your patience

Comment

Changing the settings in the script toggle the corresponding settings in the render dialogue. I'm not sure about 1.09 as I haven't tested it.
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

Script works fine with 1.09... altho i finally migrated to 1.46.10.
                      I reverted farm back 1.09 to render someone else's project, discovered forgotten issues and switched to 1.46.10 for good.

The only problem i found with this script is when you submit the final job that uses already merged imap...it will actually save whole merged imap per frame in the final job even if "Save irmap per frame" is not ticked. . This happens when you submit IMAP job and then submit FINAL job at the same MAX session...

But the script is great, it should be kinda included with final vray release... or maybe there should be some kind of GUI preset for VRAY with all these littl gadgets... in final release ofcourse.

Comment

Rock & Roll

Thanks a Million Guys, I got Vray to net render using 3dsmax 7 thanks to your killer script. I'm a happy render monkey and feel 10 years younger.

Thanks Again.

Comment

hmm maybe I should sell it as a youth elixir, glad it helps
                          Eric Boer
                          Dev

Comment

Seriously, Rerender your script is so great that you need to work out a deal with ChaosGroup. I bet it saves all the people who are out there who buy Vray and decide to use 1.09 build.

Thank you so much!!

Comment

As far as I am concerned it is open source

For me it is just fun to have an idea and make it work, if it helps the community so much the better.
                              Eric Boer
                              Dev

Comment

Working...
                              X