where did the bucket-ip-label go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where did the bucket-ip-label go?

since some time i´m missing the ip-labels in the dr-buckets. they helped would help to find out which spawnerslaves are dead. also to choose between machine-name/ip-adress and definable colored borders like in finalrender would be a nice-have

They are there, but appear only in the 3dsmax VFB, and not in the VRay VFB at present.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

that explains everyting - thought i missed some new buttons ...

Comment

on a side note, what would it take for the labels to state the machines names instead of the ip? I just can't seem to memorize lots of long numbers
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

i´d prefer machine names also (or at last a choice of name/ip), maybe an tooltip-flag with more machine-infos when pointing at the buckets would be lovely ....

Comment

I was going to make a sarcastic comment about adding to the bucket info but there has been enough of that over the past while Anyway why would we want anything more than an IP address in the bucket, if that? In my eyes the more info you plug in to the bucket the slower it will be....

-dave
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I was going to make a sarcastic comment about adding to the bucket info but there has been enough of that over the past while Anyway why would we want anything more than an IP address in the bucket, if that? In my eyes the more info you plug in to the bucket the slower it will be....

-dave
              because it would be cool? Actually if your going to have ANYTHING in the bucket I would prefer machine name. Like I said, dont know how much you really HAVE to have anything in the bucket, but considering the # of machines we have here at work, IP's are frankly meaningless.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

How about animated avatars instead?
                LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

avatars i s a great idea - but please add different beeps so you can hear which bucket is finished...
                  but to be serious, i´d prefer names instead of ip´s, too!

Comment

sorry to get off topic- names yes!

Comment

@percy: you do know all the names of your pc's?

in addition to customizable bucket-labels i would appreciate an intelligent DR function:

1. locate all machines involved in the rendering job and order them by cpu-power (performance)

2. analyse the scene for 'heavy rendering areas'

3. assign 'easier' parts of the scene to low-performance-machines and 'renderheavy'-parts to the high-performance-machines.

greez
                      ale

www.indivizuals.ch

Comment

That would be cool if you could specify...

Comment

Deneb: yes I do know all the names. Our renderfarm starts with "dell01" and goes on up.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                          X