• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy $h1T!!! Vray buys Corona!!!

http://cgpress.org/archives/chaos-gr...a.html#respond

Wow. Unexpected!

New name... Vrona?

Comment

Not so unexpected , I think IPR comes from Corona Vrona 4.0 or Cray 4.0 lol !?

Comment

Both are here to stay https://www.chaosgroup.com/news/rend...s-group-family
        for now.........................
        Last edited by jasonhuang1115; 25-08-2017, 10:53 AM.
        always curious...

Comment

Wow. Congrats to all involved. Interesting news for sure!
          Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
          I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

checking, not April the first.. Congratulations. So soon we will have two identical renderers just with different names ? Corona allready is so similar to Vray. Just make one awesome renderer of both.

Comment

Yes, quite the bit of unexpected news, hey?
              I did say multiple times we were in very good terms with the RL guys, but it's clear most took it as corporate speak, eheh.

This is, however, super super good for both parties.
              They get the structural support they so desperately needed in order to make the jump from boutique to bigger company, which surely will have Adam and Ondraj freer to concentrate on what matters the most, to them and us all.
              We all get to share technologies, ideas, approaches, and without a doubt, there's immense room for growth in this kind of setup.
              As to the form, there is little else that could conceivably be done to be free to share this amount of IPs and Secret Sauce RnD between two entities: a wholesome merger is the safest possible bet.
              But i have this on slightly more than a rumor, and a PR, each team will do as they will please, in terms of choosing which tech to implement, and no one has half a mind to twist the spirit of either engine.
              Want things quick, Corona, want to go deeper, V-Ray.

I'd suggest you all to verify my wild claims of a golden future through this early example of collaboration, courtesy of savage309 .
              You should read our Skypes: it's like Christmas is coming three to four times a day, eheh

​​​​​​​https://www.facebook.com/groups/VRay...0124992140075/
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I think both could exist alongside each other happily - corona is much simpler than vray. having a cheaper, user friendly entry level render engine that shares tech with the hugely complex & sprawling one used for vfx and movies under the same umbrella is good. Excited to see how this plays out.

Comment

Vlado got tired of everyone comparing Vray to Corona. So he buys Corona.
                  Excited to see what happens next.
                  Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

The whole announcement video:

https://www.facebook.com/d2conferenc...8213080369213/
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

corona team was searching an investors , and finally decides to have a partner as a chaosgroup

Comment

Curious why all corona users are complaining. In fb posts they all are like "nooooo"
                        I dont get it why its bad really since softwares wont actually merge. People have a tendency to drama nowadays!
                        www.yellimages.com

Comment

Well, they'd be excused for worrying: history hasn't been kind in this respect.
                          But that history had other players than the one that's been made today.
                          It'll be hard to not think that a big fish ate a small one, for that's all that's happened so far, elsewhere.
                          And soothing corporate BS has been fed to the masses for so many years, again one would be excused to have their ears clogged.
                          At this point, besides stating the intentions for what they are, showing both camps advancements coming from the other, and changing absolutely nothing in the way either company operates to the outside world, there is little else that can be done.
                          The future is an unknown, for us as much as for those who think they'll know how badly it will end, but the three things above seem to me to amount to far more than history, this far, had us all witness.
                          Last edited by ^Lele^; 25-08-2017, 02:01 PM.
                          Lele
                          ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Great! We can start sharing Corona renders here!
                            Check my blog

Comment

Smart acquisition I think! Loads of great work coming out of Corona, the low price point is brilliant for individual artists.
                              Freelance 3D Generalist
                              www.maxwood.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X