• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error saving irradience map w/ DR

Every time I try to auto save my irrad. map when using DR it always says
    "error: could not save irradience map"

Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry if this has been covered in another thread - I didn't see any though.
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

You have to have the path setup in the slaves to point to the client computers directory where you save the irmap. Usually the scene directory unless you've set up a different directory where you save your scene files.

At least thats what I did.

Tony

Comment

Ok cool. Now, could you tell me how I might do that? Specifically, how do you set up the path on the slaves?

Thanks!
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

Are you using quasi-monte carlo for seconadry bounces? If you trying to use lightmaps, it won't work.

Tony

Comment

do you render the IRmap on one computer first?

Im having trouble with computing the IR map through DR....I'm starting to think this wont work? the buckets on my main machine look correct, but on the slave they are overbright like exposure control is on or something

Im saving the IR map to a network drive which the slave also accesses as its temp folder for DR (set in the ini file)

Comment

I've never had a problem with the slave buckets being brighter. Thats a new one to me. Do you have gamma correction on your slave or something like that?

Funny thing with DR for me is that sometimes even when it says 'error saving irradience map'. It still saves it, and when I render using the saved map again, it seems to work just fine.
            Tim Nelson
            timnelson3d.com

Comment

I figured out my problem....

after changing all of the texture locations to a network drive, I forgot that i'd used some IES files which wernt on the slave :P

doh!

Comment

Working...
              X