Cryptomatte hiearchy mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptomatte hiearchy mode

Hi, if i understand this correct, when name hierarchy is cryptomatte's current mode, any group or links i have in the scene should be selected?
    I dont see this in a test file. I have all but the plane as a group, and the cryptomatte element shows em still different color.

Also the aliasing issue i see around objects, is just a vfb representation and not a bug right?
    thanks
    Attached Files
    www.yellimages.com

Hey guys, any updates on this? thanks
    www.yellimages.com

Comment

The hierarchy mode is added in preparation for when you would be able to use wildcards in the Nuke script, which would allow you to select any part of the scene hierarchy. I guess we could expand it to specify how many levels to recognize?

For now you can use the node user property mode to group objects in a custom way.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I wasnt sure if i understood this mode correctly. I thought it would assign same color to groups or ilnked objects. So is that it?
        Also what about levels? When should i increase that? And what about the aliasing i see in export? thanks
        www.yellimages.com

Comment

Originally posted by thanulee View Post
          I wasnt sure if i understood this mode correctly. I thought it would assign same color to groups or ilnked objects. So is that it?
          No, it still assigns a different color to each object. However it stores the full hierarchy path name in the Cryptomatte manifest.

Also what about levels? When should i increase that?
          The default is usually fine. You'll need more levels if you want to distinguish accurately between more than 6 objects in a single pixel.

And what about the aliasing i see in export? thanks
          It's fine; the main Cryptomatte elment is just for color-picking purposes in Nuke. The Cryptomatte plugin in Nuke can still extract the antialiased masks from the auxiliary Cryptomatte elements (the ones marked with 00, 01 etc - they contain the actual data for the masks).

Best regards,
          Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank u very much for the thorough explanation
            www.yellimages.com

Comment

Working...
            X