VRay RT DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay RT DR

With the introduction of Hybrid rendering in RT (GPU+CPU Rendering), are we able to DR to another CPU machine in RT? If not, could this be programmed for the future? At this point, I think everyone who has invested in a render farm would be interested in the prospect of going RT. I'm certainly interested if that would be possible, as I have 5 machines we invested in the past and I can't seem to think a reason to throw them away yet. Food for thought and perhaps something that can be added to that survey that was going around regarding RT.
    Best
    Alex

You should be able to do this and I would be curious to know what is the performance like. In general we have some work to do on that front. Just make sure the other machine runs the V-Ray RT DR spawner. For animations we still recommend rendering one frame per machine.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      You should be able to do this and I would be curious to know what is the performance like. In general we have some work to do on that front. Just make sure the other machine runs the V-Ray RT DR spawner. For animations we still recommend rendering one frame per machine.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I'll try that today and let you know the results.
      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X