Select camera In Max 2018 sp 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Select camera In Max 2018 sp 2

So after upgrading to max 2018 sp2 every time i go and select the camera (In the View port) it selects both the camera and target at the same time? The only way I can select just the camera is to select the target first then right click to get the pop up and then select camera. Anyone knows whats going on here??? Very frustrating!

Same here. I select it in the layer manager.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Same here - i just deselect the target - there's still a few things they just cant fix for some reason. Like Control C in scene explorer - turns select children on / off. Useful when wanting to rename a layer rather than having to go to the dropdown

Comment

@#$%ing Autodesk!

Comment

Yep super annoying. Its so difficult to select the camera or target on their own. We're still using max 2016 and its happening there too.

If you right click on the text up in the top left corner of your viewport (PhysCamera001 - or whatever you name your camera) you can select the camera or target from there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	select camera.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	970111
          Nick Martin

ScreenAge - 3D Visualisation

www.screenage.com.au

Comment

Why can't they fix something that is so basic! Instead of giving us fluids in service pack 3, How about fixing the select camera issue. Besides it will take at least three releases of Max before the fluids are even use able!

Comment

Good...it's not just me. It seems that you have to marquee over the very back of the camera icon and then only the camera will be selected....a bit DUHRrrr
              Neal Biggs

3D Generalist | Freelance | Founder | Big5 Studio
              http://big5studio.com/

3ds Max 2022 - V-Ray5 Update 2.2

Comment

Originally posted by nick_martin View Post
                Yep super annoying. Its so difficult to select the camera or target on their own. We're still using max 2016 and its happening there too.

If you right click on the text up in the top left corner of your viewport (PhysCamera001 - or whatever you name your camera) you can select the camera or target from there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	select camera.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	970111
                That only works if you are in the camera view.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Haha, what? Are you kidding me? It's like they're not even trying anymore. Subscription/maintenance prices though up-Up-UP! Under what pretense? Looks like sticking with 2016 was the right decision.
                  Last edited by Alex_M; 19-10-2017, 03:27 AM.
                  Aleksandar Mitov
                  www.renarvisuals.com
                  office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
                  AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
                  64GB DDR5
                  GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

yep same here.. i gave up on 2018 because its as shit as 2017 and broke the rule of "uneven release are ok"
                    Ill go back to 2016 this week when my threadrippers arrive no more trouble and 10x loading times
                    Daniel Krassnig / http://www.vistral-3d-visualisierung.de/ / Architektur Visualisierungen

Comment

Working...
                    X