Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backburner animation failed to start due to missing map in Material Editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner animation failed to start due to missing map in Material Editor.

Hi,
    Maybe it`s just 3dsmax but just in case vray has a way around it. I recently had a backburner animation fail to start rendering because of a missing map in the material editor, it was a local texture the slaves didn`t have but wasn`t applied to anything in scene just a leftover in the Material Editor. I`m assuming textures are compiled at render time based on the scene (then cached ?), including files from the material editor when not actually used in scene doesn`t seem like a good use of memory/drive space given unused materials could have giant bitmaps in them leftover and a slave would have to load everything in before rendering whether it`s used or not. My animation wouldn`t even begin rendering, didn`t give just a warning just refused to start. Is this Vray or 3dsmax ? Can vray tell what`s being used in scene or does it have to just load everything to be sure ?
    Using 2016.

thanks
    anthonyh

Version 2016 of BB shouldn't throws errors for missing maps unless the following environment variable is set:
    3DSMAX_BACKBURNER_TREAT_MISSING_DLLS_MAPS_XREFS_AS _ERRORS=1.

More information about it here:

https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/max-...s-and-plugins/

V-Ray also has a similar option called Check for Missing files available under the System Tab (Advanced preset):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2017-10-09_16-53-36.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	970377

Make sure both of those are disabled and see if it's possible to complete the rendering even if some of the files are missing.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Will check thanks. Normally this doesn`t happen. Maybe one of those things has popped up in scene.?

Comment

Working...
      X