Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nuke question - How to Bake a Lut for VFB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuke question - How to Bake a Lut for VFB?

Hi all.

I know this is more of a Nuke related question but I would like to ask the Vray community in case on of you know the answer to my question.

I am still trying to figure out a workflow to tone map and CC Linear images. I want a workflow were my corrections are completely consistent across VFB, Nuke and Photoshop.

I would like to test rendering raw data and sending it to Nuke where I apply the Filmic Tone mapper.

I want to save the coccections as a LUT so that I can go back to vray and apply it the the frabe buffer to contine look dev with.

Does anyone know how to bake a LUT for use in the VFB?

Can the corrections made in the filmic tone mapper be baked to a lut? - is that even possible?

If you are interested in testing this, i have attached a Zip file with the tonemapper for nuke. Be sure to set it to filmic as that is what Im trying to bake to a LUT for VFB

Thanks and sorry again for this semi-related post.
    Attached Files

It's quite simple. Once in nuke, create a node named "CMSTestPattern". Then plug the tonemapper, set as you want. After that, a GenerateLUT and create a .cube file, linear. I'll let you figure out the quality settings for the pattern and lut size.
    I wrote to plug the tonemapper, but in reality you can plug any color correction you want to be baked.
    Bear in mind you'll have to match the color space in the vfb, so uncheck the "Convert to log space etc etc" button.
    Last edited by kagemaru; 20-10-2017, 07:36 AM.
    KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Thank you so much for this info !

Comment

Working...
      X