Fireflys in Light Select AOV but not in the beauty pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireflys in Light Select AOV but not in the beauty pass

I am rendering 32 bit EXRs and comping them in Fusion. The beauty pass is clean but the AOV of some lights have lots of fireflys. If I tick clamp they go away but that's not a proper 32 bit image then is it?

why do they only show up in some of the light select passes and not in the beauty pass?

Comment

I have found that this is caused by the existence of standard materials in your scene.

Comment

That would be strange; if you can get me a scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com to investigate, it will be very helpful.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok I will send it .

Comment

I had exactly the same issue with light select a couple of days ago and I opted to render just beauty pass because of the issue with fireflies. It happened with the pass where I had lights shining through a glass chandelier with "Abbe number" turned on in the glass material. Should I send scene too?
            Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
            AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Yes, please send to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This is a rather old bump but a colleague is getting this in vray 3.x - was there a specific cause found?

Comment

I had this too:
                  https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ll-lightselect
                  The support told me back then (via mail) this was because my lights were too bright.
                  Which seemed strange to me, but I didn't had the time to question that.
                  And turning off affect all channels for reflection fixed the issue.
                  German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Working...
                  X