Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this happened to you?

Hello,

I slowly making the migration from Max 2016 to Max 2018 and it appears I'm experiencing some growing pains. I was curious if this has happened to anyone (please see attached) The box on the left has a standard Vray material assigned and the box on the right has a standard Max material. Any ideas why the Vray box is completely black? I have also experienced some instability issues related to Vray and Max 2018.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.....Scott.
    Attached Files

In getting that too. Which way are your normals facing?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hey Bobby. Normals are facing out. It's just a standard box. It happens in default shading mode. If you switch the second shading to flat color...it goes away but then everything looks flat

Comment

Been getting this on scenes since switching to 10 series GTX cards. 1070 and 1080ti both do it. I have to work in Facet mode now :P .... I'm on Max 2017.2 though.
        Adam Trowers

Comment

It's good to know I'm not the only one. My card is bit dated, it's Quadro K5200. I've been thinking about moving on to the Titan X but there is much larger issue. This only happens with a Vray based materials. Perhaps Vlado and Co should take a look at this.

Comment

This is a known issue. For now if you switch to High quality and back to Standard or switch some of the shading modes it will preview as expected.
            Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X