Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone confirm the flowing please. Windows 10 and Windows 7

Hi All.

I will be getting a workstation that can only be windows 10 pro 64 bit (due to hardware spec). I will be running 3ds Max 2017 and 2018 on it. I have render nodes that assist on big jobs that are all currently windows 7 pro 64 bit with max 2017/18 render node software installed.

My question is, will they communicate and work seamlessly or should I expect big issues and need to upgrade nodes to Windows 10, which I really don't want to have to do unless absolutely necessary.

Help and advice gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, We have 1 machine with Win10 and the rest are Win7 and backburner renders fine for us.

Comment

Yep same here. We have 3 machines on Windows 10 (rest on Win7) and they work fine on BackBurner and speaking to each other etc. DR works too
      Adam Trowers

Comment

Many thanks to both of you. I suspected that it wouldn't be a problem but it's good to hear that others have no issues.

Comment

same here I have mixes between Win 7 & 10 with no issues.
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Win10, Win8.1, Win7 - no issues.
            Regimantas Valiukas
            SIGER STUDIO
            www.sigerstudio.eu

Comment

Working...
            X