Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Arri/ Zeiss Ultra Prime 8R lens used in the latest Ty Evans skateboard movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.Max View Post
    This is very interesting!
    Could you please re-upload this again?
    https://we.tl/t-LmoLVDCLNe

and some more recent samples:
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post

https://we.tl/t-LmoLVDCLNe

and some more recent samples:
      Thank you very much ! I really appreciate it !
      I've downloaded it earlier but I searched everywhere and I couldn't find it
      Thanks again !
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
      Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Thanks for this. I don't quite understand how it's achieved just yet but I get what it does and it's cool and will research more
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Splendid stuff, piotrus3333 !
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

great thanks a lot
            where else to get more interesting vrlens files ?

Comment

making them yourself is probably the best way - not a lot of these flying around. if you have the lens at hand process is quite easy. tool does that automatically. for more aggressive projections like this one you need to do it manually.
              Marcin Piotrowski
              youtube

Comment

I wonder what a bit of scripting would do to this problem.
                Mmmmh.
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I would start with updating lens distortion part of VRay camera settings with shortcut to lens analyser tool. so people notice it. than maybe highlight editing options inside.
                  Marcin Piotrowski
                  youtube

Comment

We need a library. I don't have the time to do the profiles myself but would love to use them.
                    i also wonder what the difference is between this feature and the lens distortion (or rather undistortion) tools of e.g. capture one or lightroom. Aren't profiles like these readily available to be ported to vray?
                    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                    www.AddYourLight.com
                    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                      We need a library. I don't have the time to do the profiles myself but would love to use them.
                      i also wonder what the difference is between this feature and the lens distortion (or rather undistortion) tools of e.g. capture one or lightroom. Aren't profiles like these readily available to be ported to vray?
                      You can actually distort the vray lens analyzer grid by using those profiles and use the tool to make a vrlens file out of it.
                      Here are profiles of a Canon EF 16-35 mm 2,8 L III USM and a Canon EF 70-200 mm2,8 L IS USM III I made to test this.
                      I had those profiles from a short we did a while back. I used fusion to distort the grit instead of undistorting it. I don't know if lightroom can do the same.

Anyway, I don't really know what's the point about this since normally you'd un-distort the image from the camera in post.
                      At least for most lenses this is something that's rather an error than a feature imo.
                      The Arry lens surely is an exception but it's a reeealy expensive lens.

The both I did are worth over 2k but wouldn't one still undistort the footage from those lenses most of the times?
                      Their distortion isn't that strong which I think is one of the reasons for their price ^^.
                      But we also fake chromatic aberration while camera and lens manufacturers fight it though.

Ps: the 16-35 is made from 3 grid shots (16,25,35mm)
                      And the 70-200 from four (70, 100, 135, 200mm) so the distorison should be relatively accurate throughout the range.
                      Last edited by Ihno; 01-04-2021, 03:09 AM.
                      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihno View Post

But we also fake chromatic aberration while camera and lens manufacturers fight it though.
                        That's exactly the thing. A little distortion could make it a tad more realistic.
                        Thanks a bunch for the files!
                        Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                        www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

As all links are expired I did upload them again here :
                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r7css2zu2...yc5io1y5paU24a
                          I added a few other files that's I've downloaded before from different artists in this forum, So I can't take the credit here

-------------------------------------------------------------
                          Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
                          Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Just realized my profiles were removed from my post. I seem to accidentally removed them with my last edit.
                            You put them in your dropbox so no need to reupload.
                            Last edited by Ihno; 26-05-2019, 09:01 AM.
                            German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

This doesnt work with GPU, right?
                              www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                                This doesnt work with GPU, right?
                                Not yet. Do you want it to? It should not be too hard.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                                X