No announcement yet.

VFB2 preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very cool features. hope to see it on vray next beta version.
    Mohammadreza Mohseni

Website | Instagram | E-Mail | Art Station | Behance | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Hm..
      I'm not quite sure how that could be user-friendly in a live rendering layer based compositor..
      In nuke and fusion I love that I can have two or even more viewers. So I can see for example the reflection element with corrections and the beauty simultaneously. I feel I've much more control because of that.
      At 1:13 in the video there is this split screen thing. Is this possible with layers aswell? I think that would do the trick.
      Select a layer hit A,B,C or D once to show image up to the layer that's selected and a second time to show the layer with corrections separated maybe another time to see the layer uncorrected.
      Oh, ok, I understand now.
      No, you can't split based on different layers.
      I was thinking of adding split based on different layer presets, as in outside files with layer trees in them.
      But yes, doing it on a particular layer makes more sense.
      Thanks for the idea.

I ask for having this for some of the main compositing concepts. Basically a preset for both; the compositing and the render elements.
      So I can coose the preset, render and have everything set up in the vfb.
      I can then jump in and start with the corrections without the need to rebuild the beauty first.
      It would be great if we could define those preset ourselves.
      I am attaching a gif of what we have right now.
      It works like this.
      You specify a "layer presets" folderin the user preferences.
      On the layers' toolbar, there are buttons to
      - save the current layer tree (save dialog defaults to layer presets folder)
      - load a layer tree from a saved file and replace the current one with it
      - open a menu with all preset files in the presets folder, hovering over a file temporarily loads it so you can see what it does to your current image

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by spyzor View Post
        This looks really great !

I have one question about animation.
        Would it be possible to save the manipulation that would be automatically processed when rendering an animation with the VFB activated ?

Hm, I think even the current VFB works like this.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Looks to me as if this could almost get rid of photoshop! Outstanding! Any plans on working on the lens effects? I thought I read somewhere maybe (Vlado) said that you guy's were planning on updating this?

Comment

Originally posted by gadzooks View Post
            Looks to me as if this could almost get rid of photoshop! Outstanding! Any plans on working on the lens effects? I thought I read somewhere maybe (Vlado) said that you guy's were planning on updating this?
            Yes, we are.

Best regards,
            Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Looks pretty solid, great job! I can't wait to test it.
              Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
              AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

There is a history panel full of various settings. Do users really need a setting to control cell margin? And for that matter, do they really need to control all the 4 sides separately? For example, will anyone really want to have specifically 3 pixels margin on the top, 1 on the right, 2 on the left and 4 on the bottom? I don't think i've seen such granular level of thumbnail display settings even in software that is solely dedicated to browsing and sorting pictures, such as Adobe Bridge, and I don't think I've seen anyone ever requesting a feature like that. Same applies to the font sizes.

It's just something to think about. I am a bit worried that important and relevant settings will get lost in a sheer amount of all the others.

Comment

pleeease, will there be option to save output with LUTs baked and everything ? this is really missing a lot.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LudvikKoutny View Post
                    There is a history panel full of various settings. Do users really need a setting to control cell margin? And for that matter, do they really need to control all the 4 sides separately? For example, will anyone really want to have specifically 3 pixels margin on the top, 1 on the right, 2 on the left and 4 on the bottom? I don't think i've seen such granular level of thumbnail display settings even in software that is solely dedicated to browsing and sorting pictures, such as Adobe Bridge, and I don't think I've seen anyone ever requesting a feature like that. Same applies to the font sizes.

It's just something to think about. I am a bit worried that important and relevant settings will get lost in a sheer amount of all the others.
                    Don't bring the big guns out yet This is just developer fun for now as a means to experiment with the layout. A lot will change before this gets into the hands of users.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      Don't bring the big guns out yet This is just developer fun for now as a means to experiment with the layout. A lot will change before this gets into the hands of users.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Sure, I just wanted to nudge it in the right direction Looking forward to the updates.

Comment

Please don't forget to allow us to save watermarks into the final image!
                        http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

Please can you incorporate a Full Screen mode for interactive rendering
                          admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
                          Mastering CGI
                          CGSociety Folio
                          CREAM Studios
                          Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                            Yes, we are.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            With the new VFB would it be possible to save Lens Effects settings with the images in VFB History? That would be really nice. At the moment no matter which image I load it always uses the last used settings.
                            Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                            AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by JD3D_CGI View Post
                              Please don't forget to allow us to save watermarks into the final image!
                              Do you mean like the current VFB's stamp, or like a watermark for copyright protection ?

Please can you incorporate a Full Screen mode for interactive rendering
                              In the clip, the full-screen mode is entered at 1m20s.

With the new VFB would it be possible to save Lens Effects settings with the images in VFB History? That would be really nice. At the moment no matter which image I load it always uses the last used settings.
                              That's the idea, the lens effects will be just another layer, so they will be saved as part of the whole layer stack/tree.

Greetings,
                              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

I hope to output compositing settings to AfterEffects (Photoshop).
                                (From the penetration rate, AfterEffects (Photoshop) is more important than NUKE.)

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                                oakcorp.net
                                v-ray.jp

Comment

Working...
                                X