Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control of reflection, lighting and background using HDRI's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control of reflection, lighting and background using HDRI's.

Hello all.

I've been trying to set up a lighting system that allows me to control all 3 in a scene independently.
    I essentially want to use one HDRI to control my lighting and shadows, a second HDRI to control the reflections/specular and a third HDRI to control the background.

My idea is this.

- Three instances of the same vrayHDRI.
    - Two of these vrayHDRIs are instanced spherically into two vraydomelights. One vraydomelight affects Diffuse only, the second vraydomelight affect specular and reflections only.
    - The remaining of the three vrayHDRIs is instanced into the background slot (environment and effects).

This works in principle but I have noticed the third HDRI in the background slot, is casting light into my scene when the other two HDRI's (diffuse, specular, reflections) are turned off. I of course dont want to multiply the light being cast into my scene if I want to control each of these elements separately.

How do I get around this? It's important I keep the background in a vrayHDRI and set to speherical so i get a nice sperical warp to my background.

Cheers

anyone any ideas?

Comment

The correct result is actually with the third HDRI in the environment slot, the other two results with separate DomeLights for diffuse and reflection+specular are wrong.
      The culprit is the GI which is incorrectly calculated when using multiple dome lights, this might be a bug but might be also a limitation of using multiple dome lights.
      I'll make a note about it into our system and I'll keep you posted for any updates.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
      X