Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like 1.46

hi,
    finally I have installed vray1.46 and I have rendered a simply scene.

1-as you can see in 1.46 the intersections of the geometry are visible....

2-Lightmap has only 3 parameters...so it seems to be simple to set but......i tried and tried...nothing....I can't achieve good results....to much satureted (I know that in 1.46 can control saturation...but...), to much light like I have omnilights everywhere (is it phisical accurate or not?), without good shadows and sharp edges.... Yes probably I'm not able to use lightmap in the right way but for me lightmap isn't simple to set.
    Any suggest?

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

thanx

well the lightmap(cache) doesn't rely on bounces so you get real inverse square light distribution. the low default of 3 bounces with QMC is more like a mix of GI and old style surface lighting.
    your lightmap image looks much more real to me than the pics above, the problem is the low resolution of the lightmap and maybe wrong exposure/wrong material brightness.
    you can always reduce the secondary bounces multiplyer if you don't like the additional light.[/u][/list]
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Practise make's perfect and Coplaner surface's never work well in vray .. try adjusting the Secondary ray bias to 0.1 or something..
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

sec. ray bias should solve the problem like Natty mentioned, but try to keep the value as low as possible. It depends on you scene scale, but I have had succes in the past setting this value to 0.001

as for the lightmap settings, please read the manual first, it has very useful information.

What I currently like the best for most of my daily work is:

adaptive QMC antialiasing
        first bounce QMC
        sec. bounce lightmap
        and quality control with the QMC sampler

I am sure you will love 1.46 very soon, but it takes some time to get used to it. Good luck
        You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

adaptive QMC antialiasing
          first bounce QMC
          sec. bounce lightmap
          and quality control with the QMC sampler
          yep ...the same as me .
          Natty

Comment

thanx everybody for your fast replay.

Coplanar surfaces in 1.09 seem to work better than 1.46 as the image show.

Sorry for my ignorance..but what is "Secondary ray bias"?

Comment

Natty - do usually have your secondary ray bias on some number be default?
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

hey, i guess finally i feel like in control of situation with vray, before i just tried...tried..tried, and sometimes it worked. I guess one of the best thing you should do was to read the Vlado/Flipside tutorial, it has one of the most important informations i ever learned in vray. for me, it is essential
                natal - brazil

Comment

@ jujubee .. no i leave it at the default ..
                  Natty

Comment

fabrizio go to the VRay Global switches rollout and under Raytracing there's a parameter for Secondry Ray bias. It's probably defaulted to 0.0. Change it to 0.001 and your coplanar face problem will be fixed.

Comment

thanx bojo

Comment

Working...
                      X