Vray Blend mtl with different displacement maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KushKush View Post

I meant to say that perhaps the Chaos Group should continue to develop the displacement in 3ds max, adding new options/features such as support in the interactive renderer and GPU support. Lele mentioned the suggestion of looking at a long-term solution to blend material so I figured out maybe not only blend material but also how displacement works. I like Vray for its simplicity and user-friendly, I don't want to find myself in the future jumping between renderer engines just because one feature is underperforming compared to the other renderer engine.
    What new options? Displacement works fine in IPR and GPU for years.

Originally posted by KushKush View Post
    I meant to say, if there are multiple displacement maps are blended and then scattered with stochastic tiling, would it create a sort of seams with two different seamless displacement textures blended. If that makes sense.
    There shouldn't be issues in this regard.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post

What new options? Displacement works fine in IPR and GPU for years.
      I doubled checked now my scene where I was receiving issues which I was talking about and it seems that the issue is solved, IPR and GPU working similar to the normal renderer. I believe it had to do with procedural masking and OSL bitmap randomizer, since then I moved to vrayUVWrandomizer and Quixel textures instead custom-made in photoshop(alpha displacement maps).

Comment

Is this still a thing that doesnt work? necro thread but its what pops up on google!

Comment

Originally posted by TKT View Post
          Is this still a thing that doesnt work? necro thread but its what pops up on google!
          There are a lot of things discussed in this thread so it depends We've added "Additive displacement" in the VRayBlendMtl in V-Ray 5.2.

https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/VRayBlendMtl

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

There are a lot of things discussed in this thread so it depends We've added "Additive displacement" in the VRayBlendMtl in V-Ray 5.2.

https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/VRayBlendMtl
            Was mostly looking for blending displacements but it seems it does that and additive now. didnt seem to be working just now but perhaps something wasnt set right!

Comment

Originally posted by TKT View Post

Was mostly looking for blending displacements but it seems it does that and additive now. didnt seem to be working just now but perhaps something wasnt set right!
              Yes, when the "Additive option" is off, displacemnts are blended based on their layer Blend amount.

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Just come across this thread....the problem im wondering about is how i use the vraydisplacement 'amount and shift' options if blending two displacements? Presumably i cant at the moment as theres not a material node for this?
                e: info@adriandenne.com
                w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Amount and Shift in the modifier will treat the displacement as one (blended). There are no separate controls for each layer, but you can try to fine tune the individual amounts with textures in the node graph.

Peter Matanov
                  Chaos

Comment

gotcha, thanks for info
                    e: info@adriandenne.com
                    w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Working...
                    X