No announcement yet.

Convert Corona to Vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long as the classes are present (i.e. the corona scene loads without errors) you'll be able to convert to V-Ray.
    So yes, just install, no need to license it at all.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

By the way, now that V-Ray and Corona are members of the same family, it would be a great selling point if there was an automatic material converter built in to each other that required no dual installs. Something completely transparent to the end user would be awesome.
      http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

If the plugin isn't installed, the relevant classes aren't present.
        That is to say, the scene wouldn't load properly in Max, the converter would only find "missing class" entitites.

I am not sure people would like to have both engines' dl* (i.e. material, maps, lights, cameras, and so on) installed by default, as not everyone uses Corona or needs to go back and forth.
        It would cost in size of the installer to be downloaded (not quite the sum of the two, but near enough), loading time and memory, on top of more classes to show up each time one wants to pick a material.

Personally, i only have plugins installed on a need-to-use basis, and removed right after i'm done.
        I'd be curious to hear more of this, though.
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi Lele,
          Thank-you for the reply. I suppose I was imagining a sort of non-interface version of the respective plugins to be installed alongside, that's only called when needed for a conversion. But as you say, this may bloat the installation, and technically I have no idea how it would work. Basically I'm looking for a magic button!
          http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by GLASS-CANVAS View Post
            I suppose I was imagining a sort of non-interface version of the respective plugins to be installed alongside, that's only called when needed for a conversion.
            Oh! I hadn't thought about a stripped version for conversion purposes. Thanks for the idea!
            But as you say, this may bloat the installation
            Perhaps.
            Perhaps there may be a way to ensure the classes existed, but didn't show in the material explorer, f.e.
            Now that you opened the angle on a custom-built (sub)set of plugins, instead of a bundle as i so obtusively was thinking of, there may be ways to ensure reduced clutter in the process.
            technically I have no idea how it would work
            I have no mean to know if it would make a difference, how much work it would be, or if it was even possible at all, either.
            Alas, i think the idea does have merit, i'll make sure to poke the relevant people!
            Basically I'm looking for a magic button!
            Aren't we all? XD
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
            X