Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glare continues to calculate long time after progressive render has reached its final noise threshold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glare continues to calculate long time after progressive render has reached its final noise threshold

Hello,

Can somebody help me please or explain why vray is doing this? i am using vray 3.6.03

i am rendering an image using distributed rendering across 4 machines and using the progressive render and the image has depth of field and vray glare.

I set my noise threshold at 0.01 and render time limit of 8 hours.

my image hit the final threshold of 0.01 at 4 hours which was also calculating the glare every 10 passes all the way through until it hit the final threshold.

But for some reason the glare just keeps on and on being calculated long after the progressive render hit the final noise threshold, and the render just doesnt seem to stop/end.

I had to switch of hardware acceleration as windows 10 updates has caused error message when this is on.

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great.

I just want the render to stop as soon as it hits the final noise threshold. i have never had a problem with this before

thank you

Will

Hello,

This is normal. These messages in the log specify the noise threshold that is currently used by the progressive sampler, not the threshold that the pixels have reached. So when the final threshold is set, the pixels have to be sampled more to actually reach this threshold. The rendering goes on until all pixels have reached the noise threshold or the max. subdivs, or the time limit is reached.
    Radoslav Platikanov | Chaos R&D

Comment

Working...
    X