Fading out geometry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fading out geometry

I am probably having a mental block here, but how can I fade out parts of my scene geometry in a controlled manner? I thought I could use VraySphereFade, but that applies the fade to all my scene geometry: I just want certain objects to fade out.

Any tips?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

fall off map using z deptg in opacity map ?
    or generete a z-depth channel and using that as opacity on PS ?

Comment

The distance tex can also be very useful since its not camera angle/direction dependent. You can use it in the opacity slot. Or as extra tex for the post.

If I need to fade out things I always render twice (with and without the objects) Or even three times if I need more layers of objects.
      2D fade looks so much better than 3D.
      If we only could do it in one pass
      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Yep - a separate pass is still the best option.
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

I second Ihno, VRayDistanceTex is helpful for this if you need fade out specific parts using a proxy shape, but can render slow at times. But it also allows you to use animated shapes, including animated Booleans. I've done this in the past with great results.

If all you need is it to fade out by a radius; set up a falloff to use Distance Blend for the Falloff Type. Then set Falloff Direction to Object. Insert a helper or object into scene, and select that in the falloff. Now you can set near and far distance to the helper, animate it into place to fade out part or all of an object from a direction. It is faster than VRayDistanceTex, but limited in what you can do. You could also comp several Falloffs set to Distance Blend together and have the opacity kick in from several directions.

Comment

Visibility spinner in object properties?
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

VRaySphereFade?

edit: my bad, for a second there I thought "apply atmosferics" turned off will work here..
              Last edited by piotrus3333; 10-04-2018, 05:44 AM.
              Marcin Piotrowski
              youtube

Comment

Working...
              X