Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oculus Rift from an Interiors 360 Panorama ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oculus Rift from an Interiors 360 Panorama ?

In the past I have created Panorama VR environments of Office Interiors (using Pano2VR) for clients, but now they want these office environments to be extended to work in Oculus Rift.

I have no experience of Oculus, but I am imagining that it'd be more than just stationary viewpoints (albeit 360 degree) and jumping from one hotspot to the other - most likely moving around freely.

I have two questions;

1) If my office interior is all ready to go (was created using 3DS Max and V-Ray) and was rendered out with Spherical Cameras - can someone point me to what I need to learn to get this same output for Oculus please ?

2) Then, can someone tell me how I take that existing V-Ray scene and that step further, i.e. allowing free movement within the entire office space within Oculus (though with collision detection for items such as desks and chairs etc) ?

I know this sort of thing is what Unreal does but then would I have to convert everything over to Unreal. Or is that what V-Ray for Unreal is about ???

As you can read/tell, I'm a complete novice/beginner

Many thanks.

Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------
Working...
X