Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to convert Ornatrix to VRayProxy

Hi,

I am currently having to handle some models with Ornatrix on them, and Ornatrix has proven itself to be quite unreliable, especially in terms of preserving fur look between scenes of different system units. I've noticed that VRayProxy supports hair primitives, and it seems to work very well. The models with fur will be static, no animation, so that should be easy.

My question is: Is there a way to make a VRayProxy out of Ornatrix modifier stack? And if so, then how? And will it work even if Ornatrix modifiers are set to display only a small percentage of its hair in viewport?

Thanks in advance

As far as I know you can export Ornatrix as an Alembic file. You can either load this Alembic directly into a VRayProxy, or convert it to a .vrmesh first using ply2vrmesh. See here for more info:
    https://ephere.com/plugins/autodesk/...air-to-Alembic

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks!

It almost looked like it works well, unfortunately, UVs seem to get lost in the translation. The fur is mapped with a texture that's on a base mesh fur is grown on, and those UVs seem to be gone after loading it into VrayProxy (but that may very well be fault on Ephere's ABC exporter).

Comment

HA!

Force first map channel. That works. So it all works the way it should. Thank you very much!

Comment

Glad to know that it worked Let me know if there is anything else.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X