cannot render proxy objects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot render proxy objects.

I recall this same thing happened to me about a year ago and so i gave up on using proxies - but thought i'd give it another try. No matter what i do, when i create a vray proxy, it wont render. I can insert the proxy into a scene, and it is visible in the viewport and correct scale. However, out of the 5 Display methods - if I choose "Point" or "Show whole mesh" - the proxy disappears. It is only visible in the viewport when i choose bounding box, preview from edges or preview from faces. Scale is correct and appearance is correct. Also - if i try to "Import as Mesh" the mesh that gets imported is also invisible. I can select it in the layer explorer, but it actually has no geometry.
    I assumed must be something about the geometry or the scene - but even if i create a simple Max teapot and export as a proxy - it wont render....
    Last edited by leotchest; 17-04-2018, 07:19 PM. Reason: update 1
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Can you please send us a scene with a proxy object and the mesh for that proxy?
    Hristo Dimitrov | chaos.com
    Chaos Cosmos Representative | cosmos.chaos.com

Comment

OK - thanks hristo - I have sent you an email with a link to the scene.
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

In our environment, everything looks ok.
        I use this setup to export the models to proxies.
        And I send an email with all of the models in .vrmesh along with the .max file.
        Please check them and tell us if you still have the issue.
        Hristo Dimitrov | chaos.com
        Chaos Cosmos Representative | cosmos.chaos.com

Comment

well its a mystery - I use the same settings but when i do it i cannot render the vrmesh. I tried yours and they render OK. The size on disk of my proxies is similar to yours - the file appears to be OK - but it just wont render.
          OK i tried it again - but this time i changed the max preview faces back up to 10000 instead of 5000.
          Now it works.
          so apparently it wont work if you reduce the max preview faces down to 5000.
          Last edited by leotchest; 19-04-2018, 01:33 PM. Reason: ne winformation

Comment

Working...
          X