Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving with and without exposure settings in backburner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving with and without exposure settings in backburner?

A couple of months ago I started saving my render outputs to 32bit and no exposure settings (burn/exposure/contrast) so I could get linear files to edit with ArionFX before saving them down to 16bit for the rest of the post work (adding people and stuff). However I have found that when doing revisions of parts of the image it's quite a pain in the @$$ to get the 16bit versions to have the same lighting/toning settings. I don't write down the exact ArionFX settings per image but try to stick to the same ones as much as possible, but even so they often come out differently.

So I was wondering if it's possible to setup a vray backburner render to save both the 16bit with exposure settings and 32bit without exposure settings from the same render? Manually it's easy as you just resave with the settings you want. Maybe saving as a vrimage file and opening that again in the framebuffer and then saving again will work....

save vrimg or exr as well as png/tiff/whatever.
    and why not use ArionFx as smart filter? you can also embed 32bit file as smart object in 16bit psd.
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

psd-manager has options to apply the V-Ray framebuffer corrections or not when saving. So you could save a customized PSD/PSB in 16/32 bit in parallel to other outputs.
      Works wit backburner, DR, 3ds max batch render...

Daniel
      Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Just tested with a vrimg save and that works how I want it. I can just re-open the vrimage in vray/3dsmax and then save two sets of images (16/32bit). Psd-manager might be an easier/more efficient way tbh so will give that a look.

@ piotrus, never thought of using the arionFX pass as a smart filter! That would be really handy.

Comment

Working...
        X