Where do the caustics go.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the caustics go.....?

I made a testscene with 3 glass objects and caustic effects. It looks fine. Now I make the VRay light visible and BINGO: the caustics have gone, as well as the 'affect shadows" effect from the VRay materials!
    Is this a bug in the latest beta - .14 - or is it once again my stupidness?
    (BTW: certain scenes I can't even recreate properly, and as a result I'm getting absolutely totally tired of finally being able to get what I need only to find out that in the next build it has been completely switched around again. I'm afraid that once the 1.5 build is there I will have to go back to school to start all over. This constant struggle to find it all out over and over once drove me away from Cebas. I'm starting to feel the same aversion with VRay where it is becoming a playground for the happy few.)
    Souplesse n'oblige

If I remember well, when caustics are on, affect shadows is ignored, because otherwise it would be a double effect. Affect shadows is in fact a cheat.
    When you say caustics are gone when vray light is visible, do you mean the caustics come from the VRay light or from a separate light. If it is the latter, mabe it is blocked by the vray light?
    Otherwise maybe post the scene or some pictures of it.
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

aroma, are you talking about GI caustics or about actual photon-mapped caustics?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X