Sorry Chaos, more Next problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Chaos, more Next problems

Just in between projects and decided to deploy Next across my farm and now regretting it, So far installed Next 4.02.04, Phoenix 3.10.00 and Forest pro 6.09 on 3dsmax 2018.

The first main issue is Im getting on both my laptop and main workstation, an error when launching max "DLL <C:\Program files\Autodesk\3ds max 2018\plugins\vrayplugins\phoenixfd.dlr> failed to initialize. Error Code 127 - the specified procedure could not be found."

The second is DR just crashes everything right to the desktop.

Third, IF I can get it to render at all, if I let it finish or even if I stop it and try to render again it crashes to the desktop...

By the way this all happens with and without using forest pro.

Im seriously thinking of dumping it all and going back to 3.x for a bit as by the looks of it Im going to have to do a clean install on every machine and I don't have the time right now. This is the first time I have been brought to a standstill on a new release. hope the next patch will work.
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Odd behavior, indeed. I have been beta testing for a while and now the final, all without issues. Have you tried V-Ray NEXT without Phoenix?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

NO not yet, Im still kinda troubleshooting but unfortunately I need phoenix. Might see if I still have access to the dailies and see if that helps.

*edit* grabbed a nightly for PHX from June 14 for V-Ray Next and seems to solved the loading error I was getting, off to see what else I can fix lol.
      Last edited by Syclone1; 14-06-2018, 03:17 PM.
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
        The second is DR just crashes everything right to the desktop.

Third, IF I can get it to render at all, if I let it finish or even if I stop it and try to render again it crashes to the desktop...
        ppens with and without using forest pro.
        This is already fixed in the stable nightlies, just ask the support for access. There are 3 threads next to yours with the same thing ...
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

I had this too, the I have installed phoenix 3.11 and it worked...
          Pixelschmiede GmbH
          www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

and, there are other plugins that have to be updated...
            multiscatter
            richdirt
            krakatoa

for example richdirt crashed a renderjob if it's not updated to the newest version...
            Pixelschmiede GmbH
            www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Working...
            X