VRay Next - Light Lister Max Script Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Next - Light Lister Max Script Error

I'm getting an error when I open the Light Lister "--Unable to convert: undefined to type: Float"
    In this line (595):
    if ( not bit.isFinite (vrayLLister.getLightProp vrayLLister.LightIndex[vrayLLister.count][1] multiplierProp)) do (

Hi,

Can you send us the scene, please?

Best Regards,
    Anna

anna.zaharieva@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Scene sent!
      I also got this error in an empty scene when just adding one vray light.

Comment

Same here! Any solution?
        Olaf Bendfeldt
        3D-Artist
        dimension3+

Comment

For me this was related to the Verge3D Plugin I got installed. This automatically adds Verge3D options to new created elements. And it seems that the light lister doesn't like that options in vray lights.

Comment

Same here Thanks. Can't even remember why I installed it in the first place.
            Olaf Bendfeldt
            3D-Artist
            dimension3+

Comment

Yes, I too now get this error and I too recently installed Verge3D in the last few days and now Light Lister is not working as described.

Haven't tested to see if it is actually Verge3D that's the problem, but Light Lister was working before, no problem...
              Jez

------------------------------------
              3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
              Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
              ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

I queried this with the Verge guys and their attitude was that its not their problem as they don't do anything to the Light Lister Script.

Did any of you guys manage to resolve this issue? Only thing that worked for me was to uninstall Verge3D and re-install VRay.

It is a little annoying that they add components to everything, even if you dont use it. Then everytime you merge something from a scene, all the Verge stuff comes with, even if you have it uninstalled

Maybe the higher ups at ChaosGroup can get into contact with the Verge guys and we can get this annoying issue resolved?
                Last edited by Morne; 17-11-2020, 02:07 AM.
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

They seem to have a MXS tool which removes all their custom parameters, though.
                  Also, there's an option which may be the culprit for adding all that stuff, under the verge3d menu: "auto assign verge3d parameters"

See if either helps.
                  Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                    They seem to have a MXS tool which removes all their custom parameters, though.
                    Also, there's an option which may be the culprit for adding all that stuff, under the verge3d menu: "auto assign verge3d parameters"

See if either helps.
                    Thanks Lele, I'll check it out next time I need to use their plugin again...
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

We are working quite often with Verge. I simple keep the "auto assign verge3d ..." option off, just like Lele already pointed out. You most of the time dont need these. I then only add them for example for the camera by hand.
                      But maybe chaosgroup can "fix" the light lister anyways? I dont know if this is heavy work our even possible, but can the lightlister maybe just use their own options? So that no matter which parameters are getting added to vray light, even from other plugins, that this doesnt interfere?

Comment

If anyone has access to nightlies for v.5, could you confirm the issue has gone away?
                        I have just installed verge, created a vray light, checked Verge3D added the parameters, and then opened the VRayLightLister, without issue.
                        Attached Files
                        Lele
                        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                        ----------------------
                        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                        X